Welcome to S-Cube 2014
5th International Conference on Sensor Systems and Software
October 5–7, 2014 - Warwick, Great Britain
- All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries. ACM is also sought for publication. Selected papers may be invited to publish in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications.
- Proceedings will be submitted for indexing by Google Scholar, ISI, EI Compendex, Scopus and many more.
S-CUBE 2014, the 5th International Conference on Sensor Systems and Software, provides an ideal venue to disseminate state-of-the-art work in the areas of system development and software support for wireless sensor network-based systems. This year conference theme centred on Mobile Sensing. This theme reflects recent proliferation of mobile devices equipped with an increasing number of sensors based mobile applications. Mobile sensing applications have penetrated into many application domains such as health, gaming and entertainment, security and privacy, navigation, mobile search and advertising, by taking advantages of the availability of miniature wireless sensors. This conference will bring together researchers from industry and academia to share insights, designs, and research findings on mobile sensing technologies, systems, and applications. Historically, mobile sensing technologies and sensing platforms have played a major role for enabling new applications and experiences in pervasive computing and wireless sensing networks.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Disaster (fire, earthquakes..etc.) monitoring, sensing and management
- Experiences of real-world Mobile Sensing applications
- Innovative mobile and mobile sensing applications
- Human Behaviour Understanding
- Mobile urban interaction
- Novel citizen sensing technologies
- Crisis management
- Sensing in a hostile environment
- Sensing and social media
- Environmental Monitoring
- Spatial and temporal data visualisation
- Security and privacy in mobile sensing systems
- Tools and platforms for pervasive sensor systems planning, development, monitoring and maintenance
- Detection, classification, and tracking
- Data processing, storage and management