8th EAI International Conference on Sensor Systems and Software
Check out the latest news and follow us on twitter #SCUBE2017
- We are happy to announce that the Zumtobel Group will sponsor in total 600 EUR for STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS. In order to be eligible for the Travel Grant, the student (of BSc, MSc or PhD study) should be the first author of the paper and apply for the Travel Grant when submitting the paper. Our Program Committee will choose 3 best student papers who will be awarded with the travel contribution. We are looking forward to interesting student papers!
- Extended versions of the papers are invited to be submission to a special issue of the MDPI Sensors Journal "Low Power Embedded Sensing: Hardware-Software Design and Applications", open by the 31th December 2017.
Sensors Journal will sponsor the BEST PAPER AWARD by 500CHF. Don´t miss the opportunity to submit paper and get your chance to win the Best Paper Award!
- Selected papers may be invited to be published in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications, EAI Endorsed Transactions on Future Internet and in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Intertnet of Things.
- Accepted papers will be published in the S- Cube Conference Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST). The proceedings will be available both in book form and via the SpringerLink digital library, which is one of the largest digital libraries online and covers a variety of scientific disciplines.
- Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: Elsevier (EI), ISI Thomson´s Scientific and Technical Proceedings at Web of Science, Scopus, Crossref, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI´s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT and will be co-located with the SoftCOM conference.
The conference will be organized in the premises of Radisson Blu Resort.
The 8th EAI conference on Sensor Systems and Software is a single track forum for research on system development and software support for embedded sensing, broadly defined. This year the conference will be organized in co-location with SoftCOM conference.
The aim of the conference is to provide a forum in which researchers and practitioners from academia and industry, as well as the ‘makers’, may work together in order to present and debate on different innovative solutions and applications in sensing systems within the scope of IoT.
• Experiences from real-world low-power IoT and sensing applications and deployment
• Power management algorithms for energy harvesting sensing systems
• Civil infrastructure monitoring and control (buildings, bridges, tunnels, roads, etc.)
• Environmental monitoring and control
• Innovative mobile sensing applications
• New hardware and sensing platforms
• Reprogrammable and reconfigurable sensing systems especially smart cameras
• Machine learning for sensors data, video processing and context recognition
• Semantic technologies for interoperability and context awareness
• Sensor data processing, storage and management
• Smart-Cities / Smart-X applications involving sensing and control
• Wearable sensing technologies (smart textile, wearable electronics)
• Architectures for energy-neutral sensing systems
• Resilient energy-neutral sensors
• Ultra low power communication and wake up radio devices
- Full papers (12 pages format, by 22 May 2017)
- Recent Results (2 pages format, by 28 August 2017)
- Industrial Contributions (2 pages format, by 28 August 2017)
Please see individual Call pages and the Initial Submission page for more information on the scope, topics, format and submission guidelines.